Currently pursuing her Ph.D. in Global Governance at the University of Waterloo, Crystal has previous work experience in the nonprofit and education sectors. Prior to working with the academic planning unit at York University, she was a research associate for the Jerusalem Old City Initiative, housed at the University of Windsor. She served as a lecturer and the inaugural head of the Business Studies Program at Shinas College of Technology in the Sultanate of Oman. As well, Crystal has also worked on a CIDA-funded good governance project in Cairo, Egypt, with the United Group for Democratic Development.
- Momani, Bessma and Crystal A. Ennis. "Between caution and controversy: Lessons from the Gulf Arab states as (re)emerging donors," Cambridge Review of International Affairs. (forthcoming)
- Ennis, Crystal A. and Paul Doherty. "Repositioning the Gulf: The GCC in the 21st Century Global Political Economy," in Matteo Legrenzi and Bessma Momani (eds.), Shifting Geo-Economic Power of the Gulf: Oil, Finance and Institutions. London: Ashgate, 2011.
- Ennis, Crystal A. "Rentier Revised? Managing Political Economy Transformations in the Middle East," on panel Governance in the GCC, The 2011 Gulf Studies Conference, Aspirations and Challenges in the Gulf, Centre for Gulf Studies, Exeter University, Exeter, United Kingdom, 29 June - 1 July, 2011.
- Ennis, Crystal A. "Global Islamic Governance: Islamic Unity and the Organization of the Islamic Conference," Paper presentation. International Studies Association (ISA) Annual Convention, Montreal, Quebec, Canada, March 16-19, 2011.
- Ennis, Crystal A. "Labour Market Nationalization in the Gulf Cooperation Council: The Case of Oman," Population, Labour Markets and National Identity, The Gulf Research Meeting, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, United Kingdom, July 7-10, 2010.
- SSHRC Doctoral Fellowship, Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada (2012-2013)
- Balsillie Doctoral Fellowship, Balsillie School of International Affairs (2009-2013)
- Provost Doctoral Entrance Award for Women, University of Waterloo (2009-2010)
- Canadian International Development Agency (CIDA) grant through the Canada Corps University Partnership Program, Good Governance Team Project, Cairo, Egypt (2005)