Dr. Alistair D. Edgar is Faculty Associate and Advisory Board member at the Laurier Centre for Military Strategic and Disarmament Studies, and is Associate Professor of Political Science at Wilfrid Laurier University. He joined the BSIA Board as a member in September 2017.
Outside of the University, Dr. Edgar is president of the New Delhi, India-based International Jurist Organization; sits on the Board of the Canadian Land Mine Foundation; and is a former National Board member of the United Nations Association in Canada. He is active on the editorial boards of the Center for Governance and Sustainability (University of Massachusetts Boston) Issue Briefs series, and the Journal of International Peacekeeping.
Dr. Edgar’s research focuses on transitional justice in war-to-peace transitions and post-conflict peace building. He has conducted fieldwork in Afghanistan, Cambodia, Kosovo, and northern Uganda.
Dr. Edgar holds a PhD in Political Science from Queen’s University (1993). He was the John M. Olin Doctoral Fellow in Economics and National Security at Harvard University (1992-93), and was awarded a certificate in Russian Studies at Moscow State University (1995).
- Associate Dean, School of International Policy and Governance • Associate Professor, Political Science
Wilfrid Laurier University
- John M. Olin Doctoral Fellow in Economics and National Security, Centre for International Affairs, Harvard University (1993)
- PhD Political Science/International Relations, Queen’s University (1993)
- MA Political Science, University of British Columbia (1985)
- BA History, Sidney Sussex College, Cambridge University (1983)