This Competition is currently closed. Thank you for your interest.
The Master of International Public Policy (MIPP) program is a partner in the African Leaders of Tomorrow Scholarship Program, which is made possible with the financial support of the Government of Canada through Global Affairs Canada and The MasterCard Foundation. The ALT program is administered through the Canada Bureau of International Education (CBIE).
The MIPP program is a 12-month intensive program combining classroom learning with continuous practice aimed at increasing your effectiveness in policy development and advocacy. We emphasize impactful writing and case presentation skills with regular opportunities to polish both.
The School’s affiliation with the Centre for International Governance Innovation (CIGI) enhances the value of the MIPP program by affording our students access to individuals and events that bring the world of international affairs home to Waterloo, Ontario.
Please note the requirements to apply to this scholarship:
- you are a citizen and a resident from sub-Saharan Africa
- you are between 22-35 years old
- you have 2-5 years of full-time work experience in the public sector, civil society or research institution/academia in Africa
- you have completed an undergraduate degree (equivalent to four years of university) with a minimum average of B (75%)
- you are fluent in either English or French
- you meet the academic requirements of the study program of choice.
The 40 available scholarships cover tuition, round trip travel costs, insurance, books, winter clothing, accommodation, and food.
If you are interested in the MIPP program, or if you have questions, please contact Kelly Brown at [email protected].