How can international human rights accords help to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)? Which innovative instruments offer the most promise? What can be learned from recent implementation challenges and successes?
These questions and many more will be answered in this evening lecture and panel discussion. Beginning with a video address from Salil Shetty, Secretary General of Amnesty International, it will be followed by an international experts’ dialogue including:
- Maya Prabhu, Yale University (chair)
- Sumudu Atapattu, University of Wisconsin
- Will David, Executive Director, Indigenous Rights Centre
- Steven B. Young School of Environment, Enterprise & Development (SEED), University of Waterloo
- Ashfaq Khalfan, Law & Policy Director, Amnesty International
Register here for the “Legal Solutions for Sustainability: Roundtable on Innovative International Instruments for the Sustainable Development Goals” workshop.