Transformative Leadership Program – Module 1
July 16, 2019 @ 9:00 am - July 17, 2019 @ 5:00 pm
The Balsillie School of International Affairs is once again pleased to host the Transformative Leadership Program in partnership with the Dalai Lama Center for Ethics and Transformative Values at MIT. This prestigious program was developed in conjunction with the MIT Sloan School, Yale School of Management, and Cornell’s Johnson School of Management.
Genuine leadership requires a compelling vision for the future and an ability to inspire and motivate across a diverse audience. Research on leadership has substantiated that the capacity to positively and strongly influence others is highly related to a leader’s character and personal values. Great leaders who understand and embody their core values are able to transform the aspirations of those around them and align their efforts with a purpose that transcends individual gain.
Module 1 “Transforming Oneself” will help students and professionals:
– Discover and strengthen the individual’s leadership signature in action.
– Discover the pillars of personal values.
– Establish personal values and strengths as the basis for powerful leadership.
There is no cost to attend this program.
Applications to attend this unique two-day program should be sent to [email protected] by Friday, July 5th. Successful applicants will be notified the following week.
Module 2 “Transforming Others” will take place July 18-19, 2019 at the Balsillie School. Module 2 will be offered first to participants who completed Module 1 in 2018. Applicants to Module 1 who would like to be considered for an available space in Module 2, should note this on their application.
Module 2 “Transforming Others” will help students and professionals:
– Identify limiting assumptions and inferences about self and others.
– Transcend personal limitations, beliefs and habits.
– Understand behaviour as influenced by the environment and personal factors.
– Develop the capacity to perceive the value and motivation of others.