Fleur Diepstraten is an exchange student at the Balsillie School of International Affairs from the University of Konstanz, Germany. She takes courses in the Global Governance Program and is a varsity athlete who plays on the University of Waterloo’s Field Hockey Team.
Fleur completed two undergraduate degrees in Law and Environmental Science at Utrecht University, The Netherlands. Her growing passion for politics has led her to the interdisciplinary Double Degree Master Program in European Governance (a collaboration between Utrecht and Konstanz). During her first year in Germany, Fleur developed strong research interests in EU’s Foreign Policy and Diplomacy, which triggered her to become a visiting scholar in Canada.
Fleur’s current research focuses on environmental disaster governance and international security governance (specifically, NATO and OSCE).
- Master of Arts in Global Governance
- Master Summer Course European Integration, 2018, University of Agder, Norway
- Master of Arts in International Administration and Conflict Management 2017-2018, University of Konstanz, Germany, as part of Double Degree Program in European Governance with Utrecht University, The Netherlands
- Bachelor of Environmental Science, 2014-2017 Utrecht University, The Netherlands
- Bachelor of Laws, 2013-2017 Utrecht University, The Netherlands