Dr. Bessma Momani is Professor of Political Science at the University of Waterloo and the Balsillie School of International Affairs. She is also a Senior fellow at the Centre for International Governance and Innovation (CIGI), Non-Resident Senior Fellow at the Brookings Doha Centre, and has been Non-Resident Senior Fellow at the Brookings Institution in Washington, D.C., a visiting scholar at Georgetown University's Mortara Center. She is a 2015 Fellow of the Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation and a Fulbright Scholar.
She has authored and co-edited over eight books and over 65 scholarly, peer reviewed journal articles and book chapters that have examined the IMF, the World Bank, petrodollars, the Middle East, and Arab youth. She is a current recipient of a research grant funded by Canada’s Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC) to study IMF and World Bank cooperation. She was also the past recipient of two previous SSHRC grants on the reform of the IMF executive board and on Middle East urbanization. Dr. Momani is a regular contributor to national and international media on the Arab Spring and on global economic governance issues. She has written editorials for the New York Times, The Economist, The Globe and Mail, The Toronto Star, The Ottawa Citizen, and many other reputable international newspapers.
- 2013.Supporting Arab countries in the Deauville Partnership.in The UK Summit: The G8 at Lough Erne edited by John Kirton and Madeline Koch Published by Newsdesk Media Group and the G8 Research Group (May 2013).
- .2013.Introduction.w J Hennebry in Co-edited with ).
- .2013.Co-edited with ).
- 2013.(Re)Branding Amman: the values, the image and the making of place.with L Khirfan in (Feb ).
- 2012.Academic and Think- Tank Assessment of the IEO and its Evaluators.in Edited by Ruben Lamdany and Hali Edison Washington: International Monetary Fund Publication Services.
- 2012.Between Caution and Controversy: Lessons from the GCC States as (Re)Emerging Donors.with C Ennis in Vol 25 No 4 (December ).
- 2012.Arab scholar's take on Globalization.with W Hassan in Arlene Tickner and Ole Weaver (Eds) Routledge IR Series.
- 2012.Japan's Rescue of the IMF.w C Holroyd in.
- 2011.Emerging Powers and IMF Reform: Where Multipolarity in the World Economy is Leading the Fund.w A Malkin.
- 2011.Qatar and expanded contours of Small State Diplomacy.with A Cooper in.
- 2011.Co-edited with Matteo Legrenzi London: Ashgate Press.
- 2013-2014 UW Lois Claxton HSS Endowment Fund Award ($7,000)
- 2013-2014 UW Research Incentive Fund ($8,000)
- 2012-2013 Fulbright Scholar
- 2010-2012 SSHRC Insight Development Grant (co-applicant) ($75,000)
- 2007-2010 SSHRC Strategic Grant ($84,500)
- 2006-2007 SSHRC Seed Institutional Grant ($5,500)
- Sept. 2005 SSHRC Travel Grant ($1200)
- 2004-2005 SSHRC Seed Institutional Grant ($5,500)