Frederick Okello is a private development consultant on Sub-Saharan Africa. He advises development agencies operating in Africa on research, development and political issues. Frederick holds a BA Hons in international development, political science and philosophy from Saint Mary’s University in Nova Scotia. His research interests are in liberal internationalism, transnational justice systems, forced migration and social protection. Early this year, Frederick published a book on Tanzania’s social protection challenges and opportunities. In his free time, he volunteers as program code developer for GitHub (global free software commons or open source community).
Master of Arts in Global Governance
Master of Arts in Global Governance
- 2011, 2012 and 2013: Received Deans List (tuition) Scholarships for three consecutive years. Saint Mary’s University recognizes undergraduate students of high academic standing (GPA of 3.67 or higher) by placing them on the Dean’s List.
- 2013 April – Outstanding Position Paper in the Special Committee on Peacekeeping Operations (C-34) at the Model UN Conference in New York, USA in March 2013.
- Fall 2013 – Admitted to the Saint Mary’s University President’s Hall of Academic Excellence during Fall Convocation 2013 for graduating Magna Cum Laude
- Okello, F. L. (2022). An Analysis of Tanzania Government’s Resource Allocation 1980 – 2013: Old Age Poverty Reduction Strategy Deficit. Scholars’ Press. [Available on Amazon in English, Portuguese, Spanish, German and French]
- Okello, F.L. (2013). The state and social service delivery in developing societies: a case study of Tanzania. Published Bachelor of Arts Honours thesis. Saint Mary’s University, Halifax, Nova Scotia.
- Okello, F.L. (2013, March). Position Paper for Special Committee on Peacekeeping Operations (C-34). Position paper presented at National Model United Nations conference, New York, NY.
- Okello, F.L. (2008). Changing Demographics and Health, including Ageing. In Coady International Institute. (2008). Community Development and Health: Diploma in Leadership Development Program participant’s manual. Coady International Institute, Saint Francis Xavier University, Halifax, Nova Scotia.
- Okello, F.L. (2007, November 7th). Poverty vis-à-vis TB diagnostics. A Crisis for People Living with HIV/AIDS in Africa: Rethinking the Strategy for TB Control. In MSF One day symposium on TB field diagnostics. Paper presented at Dying for a Test: MSF Diagnostics Symposium, Cape Town (Proceedings), 51 – 52.Geneva, Switzerland: Médecins Sans Frontières.
- Okello, F.L. (2006, July, 1-4th). The HIV/AIDS Socio-Economic Paradox: The Negative Impact on Older Carers. In AIDSImpact.com – Marseille 2007. Paper presented at IDS Impact 2007 conference, Marseille, France, (Abstract #48). Marseille, France: AIDSimpact 2007.
- 2013 Bachelor of Arts (Hons): International Development Studies Saint Mary’s University, Halifax, NS, Canada – Graduated Magna Cum Laude
Thesis title: The state and social service delivery in developing societies: a case study of Tanzania
Majored in international development studies and political science with specialization in public policy
Minors in philosophy and economics
- December 2008 Diploma in Development Leadership Coady International Institute, Saint Francis Xavier University – Nova Scotia, Canada
Courses: community development and leadership
- Sept 2008 Certificate in Community-Based Conflict Transformation and Peacebuilding Coady International Institute, Saint Francis Xavier University – Nova Scotia, Canada
Courses: conflict and peace studies