John Abraham is a political economist who has a background in environmental policy, social entrepreneurship and South Asian studies. His research and teaching interests include the relationship between economic policy and identity politics, international experiential learning and community based development. He has been a Postdoctoral Fellow with the Community Conservation Research Network and the Waterloo Institute for Social Innovation and Resilience. He is a co-founder of C3 Innovation Labs at Wilfrid Laurier University, where he also led the development of the CityStudio program.
Continuing Lecturer, School of Environment, Enterprise and Development (SEED), University of Waterloo
- Abraham. J. 2020. “The Social Entrepreneur as Global Citizen: a critical appraisal of a theory of social change.” In Eglin. P, Chapman. D and Ruiz. T, eds. Going Global? Critical Studies on Global Citizenship. Routledge.
- Abraham. J. 2019. “In Search of Dharma: Integral Humanism and the Political Economy of Hindu Nationalism.” South Asia: Journal of South Asian Studies.
- Tschirhart, C., Berardi, A., Mistry, J., Bignante, E., Verwer, C., Glastra, R., de Ville, G., Davis, O., de Souza, C., Haynes, L., Albert, G., Xavier, R., Jafferally, D. & Abraham, J. 2014. “The politics of climate change and sustainable local practices: an evaluation of synergies and conflicts in the Guiana Shield, South America.” Revista Virtual REDESMA. (7) 1.
- Berkes, F, Armitage. D, Ibarra M. A., Charles, T., Loucks, L., Graham, J., Seixas, C., Makino, M., Satria, A., Abraham, J. 2014. “Guidelines for Analysis of Social Ecological Systems.”
- Berardi, A., J. Mistry, C. Tschirhart, C. Verwer, R. Glastra, G. de Ville, O. Davis, C. de Souza, L. Haynes, R. Benjamin, R. Xavier, G. Albert, D. Jafferally, E. Bignante, and J. Abraham. 2013. “Second report on the cross-scalar interactions and compatibilities governing sustainable development and ecosystem service management of the Guiana Shield: drivers of social and environmental degradation, and policy responses.” The Open University.
- Mistry, J., Berardi, A., Tschirhart, C., Abraham, J., Bignante, E. 2012. “Report on the cross-scalar interactions and compatibilities governing sustainable development and ecosystem service management of the Guiana Shield.” The Open University.
- Abraham. J. 2005. “Archeology and Politics: A Case Study of the Ayodhya Issue.” Material Religion (1) 2: 253-260.
- Abraham. J and Armstrong, W. 2003. “Consumer Representatives: Linking them to Consumers.” Consumers’ Association of Alberta Report.