Simon Dalby is the Acting Chair of the Master in International Public Policy program, a CIGI Chair in the Political Economy of Climate Change, and Professor of Geography and Environmental Studies at Wilfrid Laurier University. His published research deals with climate change, political ecology, geopolitics, global security, environmental change, militarization and the spatial dimensions of governance.
He is co-editor of Rethinking Geopolitics (Routledge 1998), The Geopolitics Reader (Routledge 1998, 2006), and author of Creating the Second Cold War (Pinter and Guilford, 1990), Environmental Security (University of Minnesota Press, 2002) and Security and Environmental Change (Polity, 2009).
Simon Dalby was educated at Trinity College Dublin, the University of Victoria and holds a Ph.D. from Simon Fraser University. Before joining the Balsillie School he was Professor of Geography, Environmental Studies and Political Economy at Carleton University in Ottawa.
- Simon Dalby 2016 "Framing the Anthropocene: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly" The Anthropocene Review 3(1) 33-51
- Simon Dalby and Shannon O'Lear, eds 2016 "Reframing Climate Change: Constructing ecological geopolitics" Routledge Reframing Climate Change: Constructing ecological geopolitics
- Simon Dalby 2015 "Climate Geopolitics: Securing the Global Economy" International Politics 52(4) 426-444
- Simon Dalby 2015 "Geoengineering: The Next Era of Geopolitics?" Geography Compass 9(4) 190-201
- Simon Dalby 2014 "Environmental Geopolitics in the Twenty First Century" Alternatives: Global, Local, Political 39(1) 3-16
- Simon Dalby 2014 "Peace And Critical Geopolitics" Geographies of Peace In Philippa Williams, Fiona McConnell and Nick Megoran (eds) 29-46 London: I.B. Tauris
- Simon Dalby 2014 "Rethinking Geopolitics: Climate Security in the Anthropocene" Global Policy 5(1). 1-9
- Simon Dalby 2013 "The Geopolitics of Climate Change" Political Geography 37. 38-47
- Simon Dalby 2013 "Climate Change: New Dimensions of Environmental Security" RUSI Journal 158(3). 34-43
- Simon Dalby 2013 "Biopolitics and Climate Security in the Anthropocene" Geoforum 49. 184-192