Simon Dalby is the Acting Chair of the Master in International Public Policy program, a CIGI Chair in the Political Economy of Climate Change, and Professor of Geography and Environmental Studies at Wilfrid Laurier University. His published research deals with climate change, political ecology, geopolitics, global security, environmental change, militarization and the spatial dimensions of governance.
He is co-editor of Rethinking Geopolitics (Routledge 1998), The Geopolitics Reader (Routledge 1998, 2006), and author of Creating the Second Cold War (Pinter and Guilford, 1990), Environmental Security (University of Minnesota Press, 2002) and Security and Environmental Change (Polity, 2009).
Simon Dalby was educated at Trinity College Dublin, the University of Victoria and holds a Ph.D. from Simon Fraser University. Before joining the Balsillie School he was Professor of Geography, Environmental Studies and Political Economy at Carleton University in Ottawa.
- .2017. "Peripheral Conflicts/ Global War".Foreign Policy at the Periphery: The Shifting Margins of US International Relations Since World War II. .102-121.Lexington: University Press of Kentucky.
- .2017. "Environmental Security, Geopolitics and the Case of Lake Urmia’s Disappearance".Global Change, Peace and Security.29 (1): 39-55.
- .2016. "Framing the Anthropocene: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly".The Anthropocene Review.3(1) 33-51.
- .2016. "Reframing Climate Change: Constructing ecological geopolitics". .Routledge.
- .2016. "Climate Security in the Anthropocene: ‘Scaling up’ the Human Niche".Reimagining Climate Change. .29-48.New York: Routledge, 2016.
- .2016. "Contextual Changes In Earth History: From The Holocene To The Anthropocene: Implications For The Goal Of Sustainable Development And For Strategies Of Sustainable Transition".Sustainability Transition and Sustainable Peace Handbook. .67-88.Heidelberg – New York – Dordrecht – London: Springer-Verlag.
- .2015. "Climate Geopolitics: Securing the Global Economy".International Politics.52(4) 426-444.
- .2015. "Geoengineering: The Next Era of Geopolitics?".Geography Compass.9(4) 190-201.
- .2014. "Environmental Geopolitics in the Twenty First Century".Alternatives: Global, Local, Political.39(1) 3-16.
- .2014. "Peace And Critical Geopolitics".Geographies of Peace. .29-46.London: I.B. Tauris.
- .2014. "Rethinking Geopolitics: Climate Security in the Anthropocene".Global Policy.5(1). 1-9.
- .2013. "The Geopolitics of Climate Change".Political Geography.37. 38-47.
- .2013. "Climate Change: New Dimensions of Environmental Security".RUSI Journal.158(3). 34-43.
- .2013. "Biopolitics and Climate Security in the Anthropocene".Geoforum.49. 184-192.